A new vision in Mass Spectrometry Imaging
MSight handles MS and MS/MS data generated from the majority of mass spectrometers as well as generic data formats.
mzXML, an open generic XML (eXtensible Markup Language).
mzData, from the HUPO PSI-MS working group.
Mass spectrometers and software:
Bruker Daltonics mass spectrometers native binary formats
- .yep ESI-Ion Trap instrument family (Esquire, HTC).
- .baf ESI-TOF MS instrument family (microTOF, BioTOF).
- fid XMass (Apex, BioTOF, Flex).
Installation of Bruker's CompassXtract
utility from the Compass Tools, freely downloadable after registration on Bruker's website
, is needed.
Thermo mass spectrometers native binary format
Installation MSFileReader utility coming with Xcalibur software is needed ( Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
Native format from Applied Biosystems
- .T2D from 4700 and 4800 TOF/TOF instruments.
Analyst software from Applied Biosystems/Sciex
- ASCII file exported from Analyst.
- Convert the native binary data to mzXML with mzStar.
MassLynx software from Waters
- ASCII file exported from MassLynx.
- Convert the native binary data to mzXML with MassWolf.